Happy Monday to everyone! Here is this week's update:
- The SB191/Educator Effectiveness training was a great experience! We will be having Linda Barker back in December as we look toward mid-year reviews.
- We need to know what kind of professional development you want. Please give us your ideas here. Also, if you'd like to serve on the Professional Development committee, please let Darren know at email@example.com.
- Our monthly AR Council will be taking place this Thursday at 4:30 p.m. in BTK Room A. AR's will have an opportunity to share comments or concerns with their Area Director, so please let your AR know if there is something you want mentioned. And speaking of AR's, BTK still needs an AR!
- Click here to find out if your school won the volunteer turn out contest! The school with the highest percentage of volunteers in each area wins. Winners will have a pizza lunch brought to their building for members, courtesy of CEA. The next step is to have all our volunteers go through a short training process where we will learn a two minute message, mail a few postcards, and receive candidate literature. And, yes, there will be food and your children are more than welcome to attend! You will be receiving an email asking you to confirm a training time shortly. Oh, and it’s not too late to sign up to volunteer.
- If you haven't taken advantage of the restaurant discounts for NEA members only, you should! Click here and get a $25 gift certificate for $10 to several local restaurants.
- There are a lot of questions surrounding what a grievance is and how our grievance procedure works. Here is a step-by-step guide.