Let’s get right to the update:
· Your AR has some very interesting news surrounding the election. Please speak with them today! After speaking with your AR, you will know the importance and significance of this link. Please know there will be food available (i.e. pizza dinner), and this will be a family friendly environment.
· Speaking of elections, it’s impossible to vote unless you are registered. Check your voter registration status and register to vote here .
· Listen to this Colorado Public Radio story, and then consider coming to "The Reformers" at 6:30pm on Monday, October 7th at the Mesa Theater and Club. The filmmaker, Brian Malone, will be there to discuss his documentary. To say this is timely and relevant is quite an understatement. He is coming to Grand Junction for a reason.
· Several members have asked for the PowerPoint that was presented at the SB191/EE training. It can be found here.
· Interested in reading about the use/misuse of student data in teacher evaluations? Take a look at this article.
· MVEA receives $6 per year ($.50 per month) in what is called the Every Member Option (EMO). This money allows us to promote and advocate for public education policy. If you choose to have that money refunded to you ($6), that is absolutely your right.
We are heading in a very good direction. Remember to contact your AR today.